Is it November already? Shocking!
Well I can hardly believe that there is only about another month until the end of this semester. Believe me I will be happy to see the end of it. Classes are incredibly challenging at the moment. All the things I have on my plate are weighing me down. But life goes on. It is just one more thing to attempt to organize or compartmentalize. Gotta love this character-building stuff.
Went on a little road trip this last weekend with some friends. Got some crazy snow! It was amazing to escape from the responsibilities of everyday life. The mountainous farm scene was the perfect place to go. It almost felt like a holiday. Being in between three mountains with cows grazing beside a raspberry patch was delightful. I even picked eggs for the first time. I obviously don't know the correct terminology but it was fun kicking the chickens out of the way to pick their fresh-laid eggs! Plus home cooking is always great!
Coming back has been difficult in the fact that I feel like I have a hangover. Driving was a chore and I think I'm just tired from life. Have you ever been just plain exhausted from living? Sometimes the mundane can cause you to lose focus. It seems so ironic that the everyday practices that are second-nature to use should make us lose sight of the big picture. These everyday rituals bring disappointment and dissatisfaction. Why is it that when we are so blessed we can't see it? It is unfortunate that we fall into a slump. Some business siphons off and we realize we were always empty. The fast-paced lifestyle didn't fill any void. It never will. You know what can fill it. So why don't you reconnect?
Re-engage.
Surrender.
Confess.
Be real.
Fall. Back. In. Love.
With Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment