Thursday, February 16, 2012

Turn Around and Dream of Paradise

Paradise~ColdplaySitting here reflecting on the day and realizing how many amazing moments the day has afforded. I have worked incredibly hard today, rested sufficiently enough, and spent just the right amount of time in the presence of the people I care about most.

This week started out on a jagged edge and I didn't anticipate seeing this Thursday with so much blessing! Waking up late for an 8am class never really starts anyone off well. I saw this week as an all-consuming beast. I was sure that this week would be the one where all my stamina and energy to completely plummet, but once again I have been happily proven wrong. This week has been such an amazing turn-around. One moment something will go so terribly that I feel like jumping off a cliff, the next I am filled with affirmation and motivation to excellence. I am once again humbled at God's provision and hand in my life.

Every year at this point in the semester I see the precious moments slipping and disappearing into the past. Now, more than ever, I am motivated to take advantage of every opportunity in the now. Only then will I be able to look back with satisfaction and joy at the experiences I've been given. Gordon Globes is this Saturday...and I am so excited for the memories ahead.

Remember, when you think things are starting off badly doesn't mean they will end in a mess. There is always a chance to turn around and make the most of what is in front of you. Paradise is ahead. Death is defeated. We have the future in front of us and so is life...

Mend what has been broken. Love what you have now. Be joyful for what will be given to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment