Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 7,401 of My Life

I am finally starting a blog, which might be long overdue. However, now that I'm here, I feel pressure to have an epic first blog. I can't promise anything epic, but I can promise a little bit of me, just being me. So, here I go...taking the PLUNGE!!!

This is day 7401 of my short life, and as always its been full of interesting, quirky, and boring things. As a college student living from paycheck to paycheck, I am learning to be thankful for the little things in life. There is so much to be utilized in life and college is the perfect place to make insignificant things into spectacular works of art. I am not an art major and would probably never make it in the competitive art realm, but I enjoy everything about art. I love to draw, paint, knit, sew, and craft in any way possible. I love taking things in the trash and making them into wall decorations (or even re-gifting them, after extensive refurbishment of course :P). Recently I've become obsessed with pinterest.com and finding creative outlets there! I highly recommend it, but be forewarned: it's so much more than addicting. :)

Anyways, I am a big knitter and crocheter. I love making hats, scarves, gloves, mittens, socks, slippers...pretty much anything. I like to make up my own patterns and see where it gets me. But it is fun to teach people and also learn from what other people do. I am going to try to sell some of my work, so I will post pictures of some things that I've done. This year my project will be to make my first sweater dress. Hopefully I'll have it done for winter! :)

I should also warn you that I am a history nerd. I love history and the stories of people. It fascinates me how history repeats itself. But, we all come from somewhere, and how can we move forward if we don't understand where we've been? So I am studying history in college. I hope to finish and get into museum studies or even archaeology. We shall see. There is lots of time...and yet so little.

There are so many things to say, but evil calls in the form of college papers. Until my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment